Island Oasis Retreat #448
Rocky Bay - Te Whau Point
from $195 to $295 per night
• Enjoy magnificent expansive seaviews from this lovely private apartment
• New deck with spa pool for your private use - views over to Rangitoto!
• Private apartment attached to main house with separate entrance
• Close to Te Ara Hura Walking Trail - trampoline, tyre swing, Free WiFi
About This Property
Imagine yourself enjoying your own piece of Waiheke Island paradise in a tranquil setting of peace and seclusion. This lovely home is set on 5 glorious hectares (approx 10 acres) of beautiful regenerating New Zealand native bush. Sit back and relax with the sunset and native birds, glass of wine in hand, and enjoy the peaceful ambiance and those wonderful valley and seaviews.
This lovely self contained apartment is set in a beautiful rural and native bush position with glorious views over the valley and the bay in front. The bedrooms are beautifully appointed and each has it's own door opening out on to the deck and those beautiful views! Completely private from the main house with a divider on the deck, the spa pool for your private use and the outdoor furniture and sun loungers complete the scene. The spa is available for your private use only during your stay and the lovely grounds and mature gardens provide many places to explore.
When it's time to hit the beaches you will be spoilt for choice. An easy 5 minute walk along the mostly level road has you at the bus stop and from here the Isand is yours! A pleasant 15 minute walk will bring you to Omiha Bay (Rocky Bay) which is just lovely for a swim for 2 - 3 hours either side of the high tide. There's also a great children's playground in Rocky Bay. A little further afield is gorgeous Onetangi beach which is a short 5 minute drive away, and world famous Palm Beach is an easy 7 minute drive. The main village of Oneroa is only10 minutes by car and services like the supermarket, cafes, takeaways and the Waiheke Saturday Market are only 4 or 5 minutes drive at Ostend Village.The many world renowned and award winning Waiheke vineyards and restaurants are also nearby including Rangihoua Estate, Tantalus Estate, Wild on Waiheke and Stony Ridge Vineyard to name a few. This is a wonderful place to make great memories of your Waiheke Island holiday.
• BEDROOMS & BATHROOMS:-
• Bedroom 1 / Living Area combined: Super King bed (new) (can be split to 2 singles at additional $20 charge), bedside table, reading light, wardrobe, shelves, sofa, armchair, TV and desk
• Bedroom 2: Queen bed, bedside table, reading light, small dining table
• Bathroom 1: Shower, Vanity and Toilet. Please note bathtub is not available for use. But the spa pool is for your private use during your stay!
• OUTDOOR LIVING:-
• Spa pool for your private use during your stay - glorious views by day and night... and the sunsets! Wow!
• Please note the spa is available until 10.30pm
• Private deck opening from bedrooms with magnificent views over the valley and the bay below.
• Outdoor table and seating for 4
• Sun loungers
• Roll out sun shade blind over deck
• Sun umbrella
• Huge lawns and gardens and plenty of native bush to explore
• Very close to the Te Ara Hura Walking Trail - lots of walk in the area
• Walking distance to Rangihoua Estate and the beach and playground at Rocky Bay
• INDOOR LIVING:-
• Free WiFi broadband internet
• Lounge area shared with king bed area, with comfortable with sofas and lovely sea views and glass door opening on to deck
• Small dining table and chairs in bedroom 2
• Electric panel heaters in both rooms plus the hallway. Oil fin heater also available if requred.
• The apartment is well insulated and enjoys loads of sunshine so is very warm and cosy.
• MEAL PREPARATION:-
• Small fridge with ice compartment
• Microwave oven
• Electric Frying Pan
• Automatic washing machine
• Electric clothes dryer
• PARKING & ACCESS:-
• Own private access via 15 concrete steps with rail or accessed via shared sloping path with 3 garden steps to own front door
• Off street parking for 1 vehicle.
• Access by public transport via taxi or bus. The bus stop is a 450 metre 5 minute walk along a mostly level road.
The apartment is joined to the main house though has its own entrance and is totally private from the owners area at the opposite end of the building. The owners respect your privacy completely but are available to provide assistance if required.
You will have exclusive use of the spa pool during your stay, please note this is only for use until 10.30pm.
Rates (New Zealand Dollars - per night)
|1 Night Stays - 10 Feb - 10 Nov (2 guests)||$295|
|1 May - pre Labour Weekend (2 guests) THIRD NIGHT FREE (see below)||$195|
|Labour Weekend - 17 Dec, (2 guests)||$215|
|18 Dec - 15 Jan (2 guests)||$295|
|16 Jan - 09 Feb (2 guests); Easter||$250|
|10 Feb - 30 Apr (2 guests) excluding. Easter||$195|
|Extra guests (per person, per night) max 2||$25|
Extras & Additional Costs
Service Fee $18.00
Linen and cleaning are included in the rate.
Rate includes 2 guests. Additional guests $25 per person per night.
3rd night Free Deals. See details below
Discounts & Special Deals
3rd Night Free Deals valid 01 May – pre-Labour Weekend (except Queens Birthday 4th night Free)
Or, discounts available off nightly rate 3-4 nts 5%; 5-7 nts 10%; 8-10 nts 15%; 11-14 nts 20%. Longer stay please enquire. Discounts are not available 16 Dec-10 Feb & public holiday weekends
Linen & Cleaning
- All linen will be provided at no additional cost. Includes one (1) bath towel per person.
- Please bring your own beach towels (unless otherwise noted here).
- Infants? Please bring along bed, blanket and all linen & towels for infants (unless otherwise advised)
Cleaning: The Standard Exit Cleaning Service is included at no additional cost.
1 night at 1 night rate (see rates)
3 nights Easter, Labour weekend & summer public holidays
No smoking in the property or on the decks please
Reviews from Past Guests
Review by Leigh (Stayed in July)
“This was such a lovely place to stay. The views were an incredible way to start and finish the day. The spa just gave the property that little bit extra. Our hosts were wonderful. It was nice to get to see another part of the island. Would definitely recommend this property for a holiday.”
Review by Melanie (Stayed in June)
“We loved our stay at Island Oasis retreat- If your needing somewhere to go and unwind from your busy life this is the place to go- the spa was just lovely to relax in while listening to the beautiful tui’s - and the amazing views were out of this world - highly recommend this place, we will definitely be back ”
Review by Winnie (Stayed in June)
“Oasis Retreat was very enjoyable, especially the Spa and views.
We would go there again”