Martello Views #40
from $225 to $545 per night
• Comfortable 1990's home away from home
• Spectacular 180 dg seaviews and lovely decks
• Close walk to Oneroa Beach, Village and bus
• Great for families & small children. Portacot
About This Property
This property is a friendly and comfortable 'home away from home' with beautiful seaviews and views that are just spectacular! 180 degrees of gorgeous scenery! This 1990's Waiheke home is located just a very easy and almost level walk into Oneroa Village and a short, pleasant walk of about 5 - 7 minutes to the lovely white sands of Oneroa Beach. The large open plan living kitchen and dining opens via ranch sliders onto plentiful wrap around decks with more beautiful seaviews and onto a small lawn and gardens with fruit trees.
There is a studio apartment on the ground floor which includes a 5th bedroom, bathroom and kitchenette as well as internal access to the main house upstairs and can be included in the rental at $120 per night (must be hired for your entire stay only. The studio apartment is not available for rental separately from the house and so your privacy is assured whether or not the studio is included in your rental). A very comfortable family holiday home in a fabulous central location!
• BEDROOMS & BATHROOMS -
• MAIN HOUSE -
• Bedroom 1 - Queen bed, wardrobe, bedside tables, bedlight lightings
• Bedroom 2 - 2 single beds (twin), bedside table and lamp, wardrobe
• Bedroom 3 - 2 single beds (twin), bedside table and lamp.
• Bedroom 4 - 1 single bed, wardrobe
• Portacot baby cot, babies cot available. Guests provide all bedding, linen & towel for infant.
• Bathroom 1 - shower, vanity and toilet within
• Toilet 2 - in addition to toilet in bathroom
• STUDIO - Lower Level with internal access - available at extra cost
• Bedroom 5 - 2 Single Beds.
• Bathroom 2 - Shower, toilet and vanity
• Hairdryers x 3
• OUTDOOR LIVING -
• Large, wrap around deck opens from living via ranch sliders, has safety rails and magnificent 180 degree views & seaviews
• Sheltered rear deck opens from dining via ranch sliders
• Safe and almost small lawn with raised gardens & fruit trees.
• Outdoor table and seating, plus plenty of deck chairs
• Gas BBQ
• INDOOR LIVING -
• Large, open plan living and dining opening via ranch sliders onto decks 3 sides
• 40" TV (with freeview)
• Broadband Internet - free Wifi
• Radio, Cassette & CD Player
• Lots of books
• Portable plastic baby bath
• Cellphone reception good
• HRV system on both levels
• Heat Pump Air conditioning
• Electric heating and fans in all bedrooms
• Full kitchen
• Full oven and stove
• Full sized fridge/freezer
• Cookware, dinnerware and glassware are of good standard
• Kitchenette in studio apartment on lower level
• Automatic washing machine
• Electric clothes dryer
• Iron and Ironing board
• STUDIO APARTMENT - on ground floor and has internal & external access
• Available at additional cost (if included, must be for your entire stay).
• Open plan living and bedroom with glass sliding doors opening to concreted drive and gardens.
• 2 single beds
• 32' Flatscreen TV with Freeview
• Bathroom with shower, vanity and toilet.
• PARKING AND ACCESS:-
• Off street parking for two vehicles - concrete driveway and turning area if only one vehicle
• Access - entry from parking is via stairs up one level. Or for elderly or less abled, there is a gently sloping concrete pathway leading around to the rear of the house, and a ramp up onto the deck.
Rates (New Zealand Dollars - per night)
|01 May - 17 Oct (Main house - sleeps 7)||$225|
|18 Oct - 17 Dec (Main house - sleeps 7)||$295|
|18 Dec - 4 Jan, Easter (studio included - sleeps 9)||$545|
|5 Jan - 10 Feb (Main house - sleeps 7)||$395|
|11 Feb - 30 Apr (Wknds & pub hols) excl Easter (Main house - sleeps 7)||$375|
|11 Feb - 30 Apr (Midweek) (Main house - sleeps 7)||$250|
|ADD Studio apartment (per night - sleeps 2 extra)||$120|
Extras & Additional Costs
Service Fee $18.00
Exit cleaning $150 (house) or $180 (house & studio)
Linen $20 per person.
Discounts & Special Deals
3rd Night Free Deals valid 01 May – 15 Dec (except Public Holiday and 1/2 marathon weekends 4th night Free). Summer midweek rates
OR, discounts available off nightly rate 3-4 nts 5%; 5-7 nts 10%; 8-10 nts 15%; 11-14 nts 20%. Longer stay please enquire. Discounts are not available 16 Dec-10 Feb & public holiday weekends.
Linen & Cleaning
- All linen will be provided at the cost shown in “Extras & Additional Costs” above. Includes one (1) bath towel per person
- Please bring your own beach towels (unless otherwise noted here)
- Infants? Please bring along bed, blanket and all linen & towels for infants (unless otherwise advised)
Cleaning: The Standard Exit Cleaning Service is provided and the cost is shown in “Extras & Additional Costs” above.
2 Night minimum except for:-
3 Nights Labour & Waitangi Weekends
4 Nights Easter
4 Nights 20 - 25 Dec & 16 - 31 Jan
7 Nights 26 Dec - 15 Jan
Reviews from Past Guests
Review by Megan (Stayed in April)
“Awesome house, loved it”
Review by Jessica (Stayed in April)
“Perfectly stocked, comfortable and homely for a large group. Lovely views and really easy access to Oneroa.”
Review by Susan (Stayed in March)
“We loved our visit to Waiheke and really enjoyed our stay at Martello Towers. Great location and all very clean and tidy...although there was quite a strong smell downstairs of mustiness and urine. Def could do with an airing before each use. Beds were very comfy but most of the pillows were very hard. Some towels quite threadbare and needing an update. Location, views and size made up for that. Thanks 😊”
“Hi Susan, thanks so much for taking the time to provide feedback. We'll definitely take a look at the toilet, this is certainly not feedback we have had before. It is hard to air lower toilet its below ground but it does have a fast fan connected to the light switch. Sometimes back to back bookings make airing not possible. We will look at some sort or wall venting to tank area and also install a auto perfume dispenser. Just so you are assured the area was cleaned thoroughly before you came, another family had just used the downstairs with a baby and were very happy as we communicated after their stay.
With regards to pillows, there is 1 per bed and an additional pillow each in the wardrobe, a variety of pillows are there soft and full. I prefer hard so its a personal decision. We provide 14 pillows upstairs and 4 in studio all in good condition. Two of the beds have heavier pillow cases that are not to everyone’s liking, we will remove those from use. We leave older towels as backups in the wardrobes, most left by residents over time. The towels we provide for guests are all in very good condition.
We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay overall and that you enjoyed the location and views from our home, we have certainly taken your comments on board and will always ensure to continue making improvements going forward.”